Squarehippies.com Shirtless Forums

The place to talk about male celebrities and beyond!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

NEW RULE: ZERO POSTERS WILL BE DELETED. New registration is being frozen at the moment. Contact me if you would like an account or if you're having problems with an existing one.

#1 2007-11-29 02:43:27

knoxtndave
Long Sleeve Oxford

Program to capture DVD chapters to avi

I know there are programs out there that will let you take part of a DVD and turn it into an AVI file  main reason is do I can do some frame captures.   I have looked at some  tried a couple but they dont seem to work for me.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   And also will let me post some nice captures.

Dave

#2 2007-11-29 07:01:18

square
Administrator
Website

Re: Program to capture DVD chapters to avi

I think Handbrake is a VERY good program if you want to rip DVDs. It lets you choose which chapter to rip and preview what the quality would be like frame by frame, so you can adjust the settings accordingly. smile

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3613/3346571790_274e25191f_o.gif

#3 2007-11-30 01:29:06

knoxtndave
Long Sleeve Oxford

Re: Program to capture DVD chapters to avi

Thanks for the suggestion on Handbrake  I got it but it didnt seem to be able to work with the later DVD's  I think they have changed the copy protection.   The DVD I wanted to get some clips from was Mysterious Skin   mostly cause Joseph Gordon Levitt is so my kinda guy.   The movie was disturbing in a way but I thought his acting was very good.  I am going to try Handbrake with some other DVD's to see if it will work with older ones.   Anyone with suggestions on being able to get clips from the newer DVD's give me a shout.  And if I am able to get any pics I will be sure to post them

Dave

Board footer