Squarehippies.com Shirtless Forums

The place to talk about male celebrities and beyond!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

NEW RULE: ZERO POSTERS WILL BE DELETED. New registration is being frozen at the moment. Contact me if you would like an account or if you're having problems with an existing one.

#1 2009-08-28 18:50:26

boydspence
Tank Top

Crazy idea, need advice

Hey Guys, its me again.

As some of you know. im new to all this. im not out to anyone so meeting someone, trough mutual friends, is impossible. SO... I was thinking.

How dangerous do you think is going to "online dating services" as a mean to meet a nice guy? Im not looking for sex. im looking for a guy i can spend the rest of my life with. you know like in the movies. hehe

Let me know what you think.

Later,

boydspence

Ste: you think i'm queer?
Jamie: it doesn't matter what i think.
-Beautiful Thing (1996)

#2 2009-08-30 23:43:04

squarebart
Butt Nacked!
Website

Re: Crazy idea, need advice

Boydspence. I say get out there! One way or the other, get some experience. Likely enough, you won't find the love of your life on your first trip out of the house... so to speak. But more likely he's not going to knock on your door and grab you.  With the caution you seem to have, nothing you're going to do will be dangerous. Online dating can be fine; it can be awful.  Always meet in public the first time. 

Always trust what you feel. If a guy gives you the creeps, get away.  Don't let your love/lust/needs/wants stop you from seeing what's right in front of you. Bad guys are usually noticeably bad. Of course, there are no guarantees, but you have to try something to get started.

Learn as you go. You can't do it all in your head! Or even on the computer.  It takes action and experience, no other way. If there's a gay bar/cafe/community center/whatever nearby, drop in.  You can always run out in five minutes. But make the first step.

You don't have a context for a gay life (that is, "mutual friends"), so you have to create a context.  Most gay guys are pretty nice people, so don't be too afraid.

Be careful but not so careful that you're frozen.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/photobartley/00000_sliver_eyes_tiny.jpg

#3 2009-08-31 14:58:50

boydspence
Tank Top

Thanks, ill do some google-ing and try to find what resources are available for me in Phoenix, Az. Its a big city so i won't have any problems. i hope.

Thank you squarebart. If i lived in SF i would take you out for coffee big_smile

later,

boydspence

-Beautiful Thing (1996)

#4 2009-08-31 19:04:22

squarebart
Butt Nacked!
Website

Oh I've been to Phoenix!  And I went to more than a couple gay bars. Lots of cute cowboys!  Not all necessarily "scene" type guys.  Honey, you are in a rockin hot* town. Go dancin'! 

*(Way too HOT {temperaturewise} for me!)  smile

I think you are in for some good times. Just be your natural self, and who you need will come, sooner or later.

Don't worry, someone will buy me a coffee!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/photobartley/00000_sliver_eyes_tiny.jpg

#5 2009-08-31 19:36:31

boydspence
Tank Top

big_smile

-Beautiful Thing (1996)

Board footer