Squarehippies.com Shirtless Forums

The place to talk about male celebrities and beyond!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

NEW RULE: ZERO POSTERS WILL BE DELETED. New registration is being frozen at the moment. Contact me if you would like an account or if you're having problems with an existing one.

#1 2010-08-03 14:24:06

square
Administrator
Website

Official Forum Rules & Guide

After a few years since setting up this forum (yes it has been that long), I have decided to put down the procrastination stick and do this official forum rules once and for all. I created this forum for all of us to have fun, but it's good to know a few rules and guides, because it has been too long!

Registration

All the necessary steps have been taken to prevent spam registration, however at times a few would slip through. If reports have been made about these spammers they will be removed immediately without notice.

If you haven't received your password or have troubles logging in, please email me directly so I can reset your password at the earliest opportunity.

Signature

All forum members are permitted to use any form of signature; e.g colored text, smilies, image, animation provided that it is hosted at an image hosting website and the size of image signature does not exceed 500 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. Use this feature at your discretion.

Nudity

This forum is a vast grey area of on screen display of male skin, but to reflect the main site we're trying to make this forum as worksafe as possible. This means asses and penises are not allowed under no circumstances. Side ass view is okay, provided that it's not too revealing and the decency is maintained. Think how much skin would they allow on middle shelf magazine covers.

No links to NSFW websites and images.

First and second time offenders will be warned, but if you get caught doing it on purpose after a couple of warnings a limited time based ban will be imposed. We're all adults here, and I expect everybody to behave accordingly.

There's a huge debate on showing pubes, and a line has been drawn in the sand NO PUBES.

Avatars must not be more than 75 pixels width by 75 pixels height and may be uploaded to the forum in your "Profile" setting.

Posting

Before you post anything about a celebrity, make sure to use the search function to make sure there isn't an existing thread about him.

It might sound obvious, but please post in the appropriate forum. Don't just assume everything will go on the "Actor - Movies" section and expect mods to move the topic accordingly.

I'm a little picky about titles, so make sure you use upper lower caps in the title whenever you can and please NO all caps as it will drive everyone crazy.

Use the "Post new topic" on the top right corner or bottom right corner when you're in the appropriate forum to start a new topic. You will be presented with a toolbar than enables you to format your post., include a variety of objects such as images and embedded videos. It is highly advisable for you to use the "Preview" function to view your post before submitting.

There are two ways to reply to a topic; first by using "Quick reply" field at the bottom page or if you want some more functions, use "Post reply" link which can be found on the top and bottom right of the page.

There's no limitation of how big your images can be as the forum will automatically resize them to the current forum width. However, please try not to post images that are too big, e.g more than 2000 pixels as this will slow down users on older systems. Guide of posting your own images can be found here. This is a simple code to put your images in a post.

Code:

[img]http://yourimageaddress.com[/img]

To avoid using long links, use this code when posting links. For example if you want to label "Jason Sudeikis" to this link http://www.squarehippies.com/2008/11/jason-sudeikis-2/ here's how to do it.

Code:

[url=http://www.squarehippies.com/2008/11/jason-sudeikis-2/]Jason Sudeikis[/url]

The link will appear as Jason Sudeikis and I'm sure everyone will appreciate the neatness of your post.

Click here for detailed guide and instructions on post features.

Ranks

The current ranking system is as follows. As the forum grows, these numbers and ranks might change.

Overcoat - 0 posts
Long Sleeve Oxford - 10 posts
T-shirt - 50 posts
Tank Top - 100 posts
Shirtless! - 200 posts
Butt Nacked - 300 posts

Reports

I would highly appreciate reports from other users about spammers and other unacceptable behaviors, to do this use the "Report" function which can be found at the bottom right of a post.

*This post will evolve over time. And because I'm just a mere mortal being, I would highly appreciate feedbacks and suggestions from others. Virtue, kindly take note.*

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3613/3346571790_274e25191f_o.gif

#2 2010-08-04 16:15:33

Virtue
The Everseeing Eye

Re: Official Forum Rules & Guide

Signed and approved. As of today, these are the rules that will be enforced on the forum. Anyone found breaking any of the above rules will receive the appropriate sanction. As stated by Square, these rules can, and most likely will, evolve over time.

#3 2010-08-07 18:40:05

KMac
Butt Nacked!
Website

This helps.  Thanks.

As a foreigner, it's hard to know what Americans consider to be NSFW.

From outside, The USA is a confusing place (more accurately a confusing collection of wildly diverse places) It feels like the strictest prudes AND the most hard core co-exist, so that on the one hand everything goes, yet on the other nothing goes.

In the UK it feels like we live in a  very prudish conservative culture compared to our continental neighbours (the Dutch, Germans, Swedes and French for example).

Compared to the USA however our prudes are amateurs, yet Folsom Street Fair happens in your country 

I think I understand the context a bit more:  A bit less liberal than the BBC, a bit more liberal than Photobucket?

I love Squarehippies so I want to keep in the spirit of the site!

http://image.bayimg.com/bankbaacl.jpg

Mac

-------------------------------------------------------------
From Mac with lurrrvve
-------------------------------------------------------------

#4 2010-11-03 20:07:27

Spartan169
Long Sleeve Oxford

I'm still not getting my image to appear. I typed [img]address.png[/img] and it still didn't show up. What am I doing wrong?

#5 2011-02-20 22:07:39

tateed
Overcoat

I am a southern man who loves body hair, especially treasure trails and chest hair.  I also get a perk from looking at men's bare feet, especially if they have a lot of hair on them.  Your site is a very wholesome, clean look at the magnificent male and I enjoy it.
Tateed

Board footer